Secta Labs Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”), is a technology company specializing in deep learning-related products that enable people to create realistic images of themselves for use.
By Using Secta, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 15 (Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration), do not Use Secta. Your continued Use of Secta will confirm your acceptance of these Terms.
These Terms are a binding contract between you and us. You are accepting and agreeing to these Terms on behalf of yourself or the entity that you represent in connection with the Use of Secta. If you are Using Secta on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person, or entity’s behalf and that such person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
BY USING THE APPLICATION, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THE TERMS. YOU EXPLICITLY CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18/21 YEARS OLD (AS APPLICABLE IN YOUR JURISDICTION). If you have any questions about these Terms or Secta, please contact us via an email firstname.lastname@example.org (for additional contact information, please, see Section 22 of these Terms.
Secta uses a Neural Network Model Stable Diffusion that allows users to generate personalized professional headshots and other realistic images. For questions about how Stable Diffusion works you can find answers in their FAQ
In general how our product works:
- User uploads 10 to 20 photos and selects their gender. The user can abstain from selecting the gender by clicking “Other”.
- Using these data, a copy of the Stable Diffusion model is retrained to personalize the model
- After the model copy is retrained, it generates headshots
- After the headshots are generated, we keep a copy of the user model and uploaded images for internal use purposes. This will not be shared with any 3rd party without the explicit consent of the user and is only used to improve the quality of our product. We set certain restrictions to the use the Headshots in restricted cases (e.g., using nude photos, using photos of other people without their consent e.t.c.). The full list of restrictions you can find in Section 6
Also, we expect and appreciate you observing the rules of Secta Use listed in Section 6 of these Terms.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
From time to time and without prior notice to you, we may change, expand, and improve the application. We may also, at any time, cease to continue operating part or all of the application or selectively disable certain features of the application. Your use of the application does not entitle you to the continued provision or availability of the application. Any modification or elimination of Secta or any particular features will be done at our sole discretion.
If you want to generate professional headshots, this requires you to be at least of the age of legal majority (it means you must be both: at least 18 years of age; and of the age of majority under the laws of your jurisdiction). We introduce such an age limitation for Headshots because the AI is unpredictable and, though we do our best to configure the safety settings, we do not want to harm any minors with any unexpected content.
Age limitation for the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and United Kingdom (“UK”) residents. Due to requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK GDPR you shall be at least 16 years old in order to Use Secta. To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow Use of Secta by the EEA and UK residents younger than 16 years old. If you are aware of anyone younger than 16 using Secta, please contact us at email@example.com
Age limitation for the use of Headshots. Due to unexpected results that could occur, you should be at least of the age of the legal majority, as applicable to you. If you know anyone using the feature under the age of legal majority, please let us know promptly about it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You represent and warrant that you have the full power and authority to enter into this agreement and that in doing so you will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party and that you have not been previously suspended or removed from Using Secta. You further agree to Use Secta in compliance with all applicable laws and to provide only true and accurate information to us. Secta is not available to any Users previously prohibited from Using it.
3. USER ACCOUNTS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
You can create an account in Secta, and you are responsible for maintaining confidentiality and control over your account by setting a secure password and/or not sharing links to any pages that may reveal your personal information
Certain Secta features or functionalities, that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion, may require you to register an account with us (“Account”). By creating an Account, you agree to: (i) provide accurate, current, and complete information for your Account, (ii) maintain and promptly update, as necessary, your Account information, (iii) maintain the security of your Account login information, (iv) be responsible for all activity that occurs via your account even if that activity is not by you or is without your knowledge or consent, and (v) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your Account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, security and control of your Account login information and for all activities that occur in your Account. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
5. USER CONTENT
You can upload your photos or videos to Secta and receive generated headshots and then interact with these images. Both your original content and your edited or AI-generated content belong to you, and we claim no ownership over such content. You would need to give us a permission to use that content. You take this permission away when you delete any of your content from the app library or delete your account and its data.
Secta may allow you to upload, edit, create AI-generated, store, and share content, including your photos and videos (“User Content”). We do not claim ownership over your User Content, including AI-generated content you create Using Secta (for the purposes of these Terms, the term “User Content” explicitly includes any AI-generated content you create by Using the application).
We want you to enjoy the functionality of Secta seamlessly. Therefore, we would require a permit (called a license and referenced as a “Company License” explained further) to use your User Content uploaded to, downloaded from, and stored within the application. We would like to highlight that the Company license is limited to the purpose of our usage of your User Content and the parties we might share this User Content with. We do not sell any of your User Content with any third parties and use it for ensuring the appropriate functionality of the application only.
You acknowledge and agree that our use of your User Content will not result in any injury to you or to any person you authorized to act on your behalf.
here we impose some rules as to the content you may want to upload. Namely, you should own the photos or videos you upload, and if you don’t, then you should hold a proper license to upload such content to Secta. Also, in case you wish to upload a photo or video depicting your friend or anyone else other than you, you must do so only with their consent. In case you upload someone else’s content to Secta and we receive claims, you will indemnify Secta for such claims (it means that we will ask you to financially compensate us these claims). We encourage you to observe these rules and not harm others using their content without consent.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the User Content edited and adjusted by you on or through Secta or otherwise have the right to grant the rights and licenses set forth in these Terms; (ii) you agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed by reason of the User Content you intend to edit and adjust on or through Secta and approve to us that any usage of third-party User Content is otherwise cleared by you with the respective right holder; (iii) in case the User Content depicts third parties, you have received all the necessary consents from them to upload it to Secta; and (iv) you have the legal right and capacity to enter into these Terms in your jurisdiction.
You must not upload, edit, create, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms or to which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the Company License described above. You, furthermore, agree to indemnify, defend and hold Secta harmless for any unauthorized use of third-party User Content you might commit (both intentionally or unintentionally) in accordance with Section 11 “Indemnification” of these Terms.
6. PROHIBITED CONDUCT AND CONTENT
The list below may be indeed too long to read, but it lists some ways of using Secta that breach the agreement between you and us. Secta is made for your personal and commercial, and we want everyone to respect each other and not ruin the user experience for each other by misuse of Secta.
Use of Headshots and other Generated content
- Secta gives you the ability to use AI as a tool to create headshots and other photos, the same way as you would use any other image creation tools or applications.
- You hold all of the rights to the Headshots you generate through our AI.
- You are the one to decide how to use the generated Headshots further. Please, therefore, read this Section 6 restrictions carefully.
- In particular, you are responsible to ensure that the way you are using the Headshots you have generated is not breaking any laws, such as privacy and intellectual property laws, and that such use is not obscene, pornographic, harmful and doesn’t spread harmful misinformation
- If you are unsure that your intended use of the generated Headshots would be legal, we advise you to err on the side of caution, especially if for commercial purposes.
- However, we restrict its use for sale or to the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms.
General rules. You will not violate any applicable contract, intellectual property law, any other applicable law or other third-party rights (including the Company rights) or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while Using Secta.
You represent, warrant and agree that you will not Use Secta by uploading the User Content or otherwise (all of the following conduct includes any attempts to perform any of the following):
- To engage in any harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory, defamatory, obscene, stalking or otherwise objectionable conduct.
- For sale or to the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms.
- In any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other Users from fully enjoying Secta or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of Secta in any manner.
- To decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any aspect of Secta (such as the source code or non-literal aspects (such as the underlying structure, sequence, organization, file formats, non-public APIs, ideas or algorithms), do anything that might discover the source code, bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit your access to any part of Secta.
- To circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or to access any feature or area of Secta that you are not authorized to access.
- To develop or to use any third-party applications that interact with Secta without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from Secta.
- To display, mirror or frame Secta, or any individual element within Secta, the Company’s name, any Company trademark, logo or other proprietary information without our express written consent.
- To use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing the Company’s trademark, logo URL, product or services name without our express written consent.
- To gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any server, computer or database connected to Secta.
- To copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell Secta.
- For any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
- To place an advertisement of any products or services in Secta except with our prior written approval.
- To violate any applicable law or regulation.
- To encourage, assist or enable any other party to do any of the foregoing.
You may only share the User Content that is non-confidential and you have all necessary rights to disclose. You may not upload, edit, create, store or share any User Content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent.
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any person or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Sexualizes other people. including minors, or that is intended to facilitate inappropriate interactions with minors, other users or the public.
- May infringe, misappropriate or violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any person.
- Contains any private or personal information of any person without such person’s consent.
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content.
- Is, in our sole judgment, objectionable or that restricts or inhibits any other person from Using or enjoying Secta, or that may expose us or others to any harm or liability of any type.
Due to the fact that we use Stable Diffusion AI technology in Secta for creation of the Headshots, you additionally represent, warrant and agree that you will not Use Secta feature with Stable Diffusion AI technology and (or) Stable Diffusion AI technology (Copyright (c) 2022 Robin Rombach and Patrick Esser and contributors) in the following ways, which are explicitly prohibited under the Stable Diffusion AI technology license (Attachment A), and, in particular:
- In any way that violates any applicable national, federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way;
- To generate or disseminate verifiably false information and/or content with the purpose of harming others;
- To generate or disseminate personal identifiable information that can be used to harm an individual;
- To defame, disparage or otherwise harass others;
- For fully automated decision making that adversely impacts an individual’s legal rights or otherwise creates or modifies a binding, enforceable obligation;
- For any use intended to or which has the effect of discriminating against or harming individuals or groups based on online or offline social behavior or known or predicted personal or personality characteristics;
- To exploit any of the vulnerabilities of a specific group of persons based on their age, social, physical or mental characteristics, in order to materially distort the behavior of a person pertaining to that group in a manner that causes or is likely to cause that person or another person physical or psychological harm;
- For any use intended to or which has the effect of discriminating against individuals or groups based on legally protected characteristics or categories;
- To provide medical advice and medical results interpretation;
- To generate or disseminate information for the purpose to be used for administration of justice, law enforcement, immigration or asylum processes, such as predicting an individual will commit fraud/crime commitment (e.g., by text profiling, drawing causal relationships between assertions made in documents, indiscriminate and arbitrarily-targeted use).
You, furthermore, agree to abide by the Stable Diffusion AI technology license, incorporated herein by reference, including its Attachment A.
We have the right to monitor your Use of Secta to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects Secta. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute Users who violate the applicable law.
We reserve the right to, in our discretion and at any time, suspend or discontinue Secta, introduce new features or impose limitations on certain features, or restrict access to Secta.
7.LIMITED LICENSE; COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
this is to say that everything you see on the website (apart from your uploaded images, data and generated images) is owned or licensed to Secta. And we allow you to enjoy the functionality of the website / app to its fullest, but if you want to use any elements of our app outside the app, you must ask for our consent.
Secta and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, audio, music (including but not limited to the Music Content, as defined below), illustrations, trademarks, trade names, page headers, button and application icons, scripts, service marks, logos, slogans, filters, tools, and other content contained therein, excluding your User Content (collectively, Secta Content) (and intellectual property rights in or to the preceding items) are owned by us or licensed to us and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, we and our licensors, as applicable, reserve all rights, title and interests (including without limitation all intellectual rights) in and to Secta and the Secta Content. Your use of the Secta Content shall be always subject to these Terms and, if applicable, additional terms and conditions that we may communicate to you from time to time, such as terms and conditions from our licensors (such additional terms, "
Supplmental Terms Such Supplemental Terms are hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference. To the extent of any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and Supplemental Terms the latter shall govern. You are hereby granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to Use Secta and the Secta Content for your own personal use
User License however, such User License is subject to these Terms and (if applicable) the Supplemental Terms and does not include any right to: (i) sell, resell or commercially use Secta or the Secta Content; (ii) copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display the Secta Content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors; (iii) modify the Secta Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of Secta or the Secta Content, except as expressly set forth in these Terms and the Supplemental Terms; (iv) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; or (v) Use Secta or the Secta Content other than as expressly provided in these Terms and the Supplemental Terms. Any Use of Secta or the Secta Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the User License granted under these Terms and (if applicable) the Supplemental Terms. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Secta Content.
you can use the once-off version of Secta, or buy a premium subscription that allows you to use much more features. There are additional paid features.. To pay for subscription or any additional features, you must be over 18.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If our application displays any content that infringes someone’s copyright, please let us know about it. You can find all the details on how to notify us below.
It is our policy to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, and we will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe that any text, graphics, photos, audio, music, videos or other materials or works, including any User Content, uploaded, downloaded or appearing on Secta have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may request removal of that User Content (or access to it) from Secta by submitting a written notification to our copyright agent designated below.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), such written notice ("DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature as the copyright owner or as a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works (User Content) presented on Secta, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the User Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content on Secta (including the provision of links thereto).
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name and email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the work in the manner complained of is not authorized by you as the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive the DMCA Notices is:
If you fail to comply with any of the above requirements to the DMCA Notice, your DMCA Notice may not be effective and, therefore, will be disregarded and not enforced by us. This does not preclude you from sending a follow-up DMCA notice on the same.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that any material, including User Content, or activity within Secta is infringing your copyright or the copyright of a person that you know, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
If we become aware that any of our Users have repeatedly infringed copyrights, we will take reasonable steps to disable access to Secta for such Users.
We will be happy to receive your feedback about the experience you have. Please note that your feedback is not confidential and we will be able to use it (for example, to display on our website or to post in our social media).
We welcome any your feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about us or Secta (collectively, “Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by speaking to anyone on our team or in community (or by contacting us at email@example.com. Your Feedback is non-confidential and will become our sole property once submitted to us. We will own exclusive rights, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to your Feedback and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of your Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You also have the right to amend and supplement your Feedback to us, which we will take into account to provide accurate information to other users about Secta’s user experience. If we decide to make your Feedback public, we will not use any of your personal data, unless you explicitly consent to it.
if you breach the rules, and we receive claims for it, we may ask you to compensate us financially.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, “Company Parties”) from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (i) your Use of Secta; (ii) your User Content or Feedback; (iii) your violation of these Terms; (iv) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); and (v) your conduct in connection with Secta. You agree to promptly notify the Company Parties of any third party Claims, cooperate with the Company Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Company Parties will have control of the defense or settlement of any third party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and us or the other Company Parties.
Sometimes the things may not work out as planned. And we don’t claim or guarantee that Secta will always work perfectly. Just as we can’t claim or guarantee that you won’t see any unexpected results while generating your Headshots – it’s very unpredictable, although we are always working on AI’s quality and safety settings. We would highly appreciate your assistance, so if you see any offensive content generated by the AI, please report such content to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control, endorse or take responsibility for any User Content (and its loss) or third-party content available on or linked to Secta. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any third-party websites or resources.
Your Use of Secta is at your sole risk. Secta is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that Secta is accurate, complete, reliable, current, error-free or free of viruses or harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of Secta within your Use.
Our Generated Headshots uses external technology Stable Diffusion AI. Due to this, we cannot fully control the results generated by the feature, and therefore these images in no way represent our official policy or position on religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything. We make reasonable efforts to moderate the headshots feature by configuring the AI setting, which, in any case, are only those that are accessible to us. We do not and cannot moderate the User Content. By agreeing to the Terms and/or purchasing a subscription, you agree to the above disclaimer and waive any claims against us due to the generated images. In case you find the Headshots offensive or otherwise unacceptable, please let us know by reaching out to us at email@example.com
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Company and the other Company Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability — whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise — for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of the Company and the other Company Parties, for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or Secta, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Use Secta. In no event will the Company’s total liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms or from the Use of or inability to Use Secta exceed the amounts you have paid to Use Secta or ten ($10) U.S. dollars, if you have not had any payment obligations to the Company, as applicable. The exclusion and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between the Company and you.
The limitations set forth in this Section will not limit or exclude liability for fraud or intentional misconduct of the Company or the other Company Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release the Company and the other Company Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between the Users and the acts or omissions of third parties. You expressly waive any rights you may have under California Civil Code § 1542 as well as any other statute or common law principles that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read the following Section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with the Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or the Company seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or the Company seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and the Company waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or Secta resolved in court. Instead, all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or Secta will be resolved through confidential binding arbitration held in Austin, Texas in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules”) of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”), which are available on the JAMS website and hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of JAMS or waive your opportunity to read the rules of JAMS and any claim that the rules of JAMS are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THESE TERMS BY EITHER YOU OR US WILL ONLY BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS, CLASS ACTIONS, REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS, AND CONSOLIDATION WITH OTHER ARBITRATIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR CASE DECIDED BY A JURY AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST US.
You and the Company agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 15 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (“FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. You and the Company agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and the Company will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by the Company, the Company will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and the Company agree that the state or federal courts of the State of California and the United States sitting in Santa Clara County, California have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR SECTA MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM AROSE; OTHERWISE, THE CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AND THE COMPANY WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSERT THE CLAIM.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 15 by notifying the Company in writing. The notification must be sent to:
Secta Labs Inc
3310 San Benito Ct
In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with Section 16
16. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
this agreement is governed by Texas Law.
These Terms and your Use of Secta will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Texas, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. However, some countries (including those in the European Union) have laws that require agreements to be governed by the local laws of the user's country. This paragraph doesn’t override those laws.
Any dispute between you and the Company that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Texas
17. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the amended Terms and update the “Effective date” above. In case we make substantial changes to the Terms (including the changes which might affect your rights), we will always notify you via in-app consent, email, or any other means of communication we may deem fit. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop Using Secta. Your continued Use of Secta after we provide the notice will imply your acceptance of those changes.
18. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time through any of the following methods:
- by following the opt-out links in any promotional email sent to you; or
- through Secta settings on your account or
- by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to Use Secta. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to Use Secta. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Secta, all provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, will survive, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability and dispute resolution provisions.
20. EXPORT AND ECONOMIC SANCTIONS CONTROL
The application and artificial intelligence may be subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce, trade and economic sanctions maintained by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) maintained by the Department of State. You represent and warrant that you are (1) not located in any country or region that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, and (2) are not a denied party as specified in the regulations listed above.
22. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to these Terms or Secta, please contact us via email at email@example.com or via our mailing address
3310 San Benito Ct.
Austin, TX 78738
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to Secta and your Use of Secta, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between the Company and you relating to Secta and your Use of Secta.
- The language of these Terms is the English language only.
- You hereby irrevocably waive any law applicable to you requiring that these Terms shall be localized to meet your language (as well as any other localization requirements) or requiring a delivery or retention of non-electronic records.
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of the Company.
- Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
- If any provision of these Terms is held invalid and unenforceable (either by an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the terms of the Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration Section above or by court of competent jurisdiction), that provision will be enforceable to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. The Section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of you and the Company and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer your rights under these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. We may freely assign or transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.